Thursday, April 21, 2011

Nursing Cover and Purse

A couple weeks ago I made this cutie for a friend's baby shower gift. I used Sew Much Ado's free tutorial here. It turned out great, I only worry that the heavier fabric will be too hot. If I made it again I would make it wider and shorten the strap.
I had extra fabric so a made a little nursing tote. That way when you're going to the mother's room, or where ever, you can quickly grab one thing and go. It fits the nursing cover, wipes, a few diapers, and plenty of room for things like butt cream and what-not.
No pattern was used for this. I was just winging it. I used a velcro fastener. A zipper would have been better, but I was doing this in the wee hours of the morning and this is what I had on hand.
The dots on the fabric are yellow and I had some cute yellow scrap fabric around (old tee shirt). Some people like to have a little clippy to keep track of what side they used last for feedings. I never did that but, if she doesn't either at least she's got a cute hair clip. Pretty sure I'm going to make another for myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment